AMP Research 08-10 / 13-15 Ford Super Duty Powerstep XL
- 2008-2010/2013-2015 Ford Super Duty F-250/F-350/F-450 Super Crew
GETTING INTO YOUR TRUCK SHOULDN’T FEEL LIKE CLIMBING MOUNT EVEREST. AMP Research™ has released the PowerStep XL™, an automatic, electric-powered running board designed for lifted trucks. The board has been integrated into a custom rocker rail, creating a seamless look while providing a 3” lower stepping surface than the original PowerStep™ that makes accessing lifted trucks easier.
Invented, engineered and built in America, AMP Research PowerStep XL™ running boards are the real deal. By every meaningful measure, it’s the best-built, best-performing and best-selling product of its kind. With an integrated LED lighting system and available stainless-steel trim accent strips, the AMP Research PowerStep™ is clearly the quality choice.
- AUTOMATIC POWER-DEPLOYING RUNNING BOARDS
- LOW-PROFILE INTEGRATED LED LIGHT SYSTEM – STANDARD
- RAIL CONSTRUCTED OF 3MM THICK WALLED MILD STEEL FOR MAXIMUM STRENGTH
- ATTRACTIVE AND DURABLE BLACK WRINKLE COAT FINISH
- STEP, DIE-CAST ALUMINUM-ALLOY COMPONETS WITH AN ANODIZED AND PTFE-COATED, MILITARY-SPEC FINISH TO RESIST CORRISION
- PRECISION STAINLESS STELL PIVOT PINS FOR ROCK SOLID STABILITY
- FULLY WELDED/INTERGRATED BRACKET SYSTEM SUPPORT UP TO 600 LBS
- WEATHERPROOF, OEM-QUALITY ELECTRIC MOTORS, DRIVE SYSTEM AND WIRING HARNESS
- MAINTENANCE-FREE, SELF LUBRACATING BUSHING FOR ALL-WEATHER PROFORMANCE
- 5-YEAR/60,000 MILE WARRANTY
- DESIGNED AND BUILT IN AMERICA
AMP RESEARCH POWERSTEP INCREASES FUEL EFFICIENCY
There are few topics more rampant and heavily discussed than soaring gas prices, and the effect they have on today’s trucks & SUV’s. Since aerodynamic drag and weight are two critical factors that impact fuel efficiency, truck owners are now seeking ways to reduce these variables. The AMP Research PowerStep™ can do both, and still allow you to maintain the convenience and safety of full-length running boards that automatically deploy for optimal ingress and egress
Reducing the overall weight of your vehicle can also help improve gas mileage. AMP’s high-strength aluminum steps weigh 10-20% less than typical OEM running boards or aftermarket steel tube steps.
AERODYNAMICS UNDER THE VEHICLE
AMP’s PowerStep™ running boards work automatically and improve safety and comfort while entering and exiting your truck. They are activated by your truck’s factory door sensors and extend within a few seconds when you open the door. Closing the door automatically retracts the PowerStep™ into the rocker panels, eliminating the drag produced by traditional stationary running boards. AMP’s PowerStep™ technology has been utilized as a factory option since 2003.
TUCK AND RUN
Automotive News reports on the importance of aerodynamics in new truck design: Ford and other manufacturers (under AMP license) offer power-operated running boards that deploy when the doors open and tuck back under the body when the doors close. The Lincoln Navigator first offered power running boards in 2003, and others have figured out that there’s no need for those air-grabbers to hang out in the wind.