Carli 3" Dodge Performance 2.5 System
Stainless Steel Shock Shafts Are Now Standard!
Performance 2.5 Dodge Ram Suspension System
The first system featuring King Off Road 2.5 Race Shocks and Carli's first premier suspension kit. The performance 2.5 has been around since day 1 and, naturally, has been through the longest refinement period of any Carli system. Sporting a plush street drive that will give you a "car like" feel, while still letting you pound some humps in the dirt. The first seasons chasing and running support in Baja were done using Performance 2.5 system on our Dodge Ram trucks.
The Performance 2.5 Lift system is a no-compromise utilitarian, all-around suspension system. The front end is converted to our Fabricated Long-Arm System and paired with a Torsion Sway Bar for unrivaled articulation and axle travel. The rear is outfitted with your choice of Full Progressive Leaf Spring Packs and the King Shocks are longer-travel than our short arm systems with a long-arm specific tuning profile. This system is our personal favorite as it would suit anyone’s taste. The on-road ride is fantastic, the off-road ride will run circles around our short-arm Dominator 3.0 (albeit, not as soft on the road but far more controlled) and allow you to drive to the capability of the chassis without worrying that you’ve equipped the truck with enough shock to destroy the truck around the suspension. If it’s in the budget, this is the system we’d recommend for every Ram owner.
With the release of the 3" Long Arm, comes the Long-Arm equipped Systems. The decision has been made to discontinue the older, short-arm variation of the Performance 2.5" in favor of a Long-Arm equipped, extended travel version at which you’re looking now. This system requires customers to cut off the factory control arm mounts in favor of the Carli Drop Brackets to house our internally gusseted, fully fabricated Long Arm System. These arms are over 50% longer than the factory arms boasting 3/16” construction, internal gusseting, extended travel capability, more linear travel stroke and a better ride quality given their length and position parallel to the ground.
To take advantage of the Long Arm’s capability, we’ve included a 6.25” tall, slide over-design shock tower to ease installation and accommodate the longer (12” Travel) shocks. Included 1” front bump stop drops and limit straps ensure customers can dish repetitive beatings to their King 2.5” shocks with confidence of full & safe utilization of the shock’s travel. In a short arm truck, it’s not uncommon to see 7” of up-travel (metal to metal) and 3” of down-travel. The combination of the long arm system’s 6.25” tall tower and 1” bump drop allows for our 12” travel shock and shifts the front axle’s operating range down 1”; the result, 3” more down-travel when compared to a short-arm system only sacrificing 1” of up-travel. This is a far more balanced setup spec’d with 6” of up travel and 6” of down-travel ensuring the front end maintains contact over rough terrain.
This system boasts Carli specific, blueprinted, Long-Travel King 2.5” shocks on all four corners. For the Long Arm system, we designed a second, off-road oriented 5-Port custom piston opposed to the 3-Ports in a short-arm Pintop 2.5” System. This piston and long arm tuning profile alters flow of the pressurized shock oil displacing a wider surface area of the tuning shims to increase bottom-out on sharp hits while providing a predictable, comfortable street ride. We round off ALL our King shocks with shafts machined and polished from a solid piece of 17-4 Stainless. Unlike King’s standard shafts, there is no coating to wear off, weather is far less likely to hurt them and if there is a small chip, you can round the edges with emery cloth to ensure the seal housing isn’t damaged as they’re not brittle like the stock, hardened shafts. The shocks are finished with King oil good to -55* F. Note that all King shocks are built with a plated steel body. If subjected to inclement weather for extended periods, we recommend wrapping your shocks in 3M to provide a moisture barrier that’s replaceable.
Your truck will sit 3”-3.25” higher in the front (year/cab configuration dependant) with 70% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, linear rate coil springs. These systems require the extended travel capability of the linear spring as the free-height of the multi-rate coils was too short to reach the droop potential.
As this is a high-performance, no compromise system, it includes the Carli Torsion Sway Bar and Full Progressive Leaf Springs (No option for extended sway bar links or add-a-packs). The Carli Torsion Sway Bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8” FK heim end links round off the package.
The Full Progressive Leaf Pack lift the rear 1.5-2” by replacing the entire factory leaf spring assembly increasing travel and drastically increasing comfort throughout the entire usable travel stroke at the cost of a 15% payload reduction from a standard 2500. This payload reduction can be supplemented back to factory 3500 SRW capacity with the addition of the Long Travel Airbags for the best of both worlds; ride quality and payload capacity/load control.
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver’s side ¾” and back toward the cab ½”. This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application.
Wheels and Tires
This system will fit up to a 37”x12.5” tire with on 17”-18” wheels with 5-5.25” of backspacing. If considering Fiberglass Fenders, a 4.5” Backspacing on a 9” Wide wheels will fit up to a 37x13.5” wide tire. This system was tuned with 17” wheels on, 37” Toyo M/T at 40F/35R. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter. For more details, see our article on wheel and tire selection and tire pressures: HERE
Carli Suspension Total Control Piston
All Performance 2.5 suspension systems come with Carli's total control piston designs.
- King 2.5 Piggy Back Reservoir Rear Shocks
- King 2.5 Remote Reservoir Front Shocks
- Corrosion Resistant Stainless Shock Shafts
- Multi-Rate Coil Springs for 1994-2009
- Linear-Rate Coil Springs for 2010+ Diesel
- Zinc Plated U-Bolts
- Fabricated Steel Shock Towers
- Limit Straps
- Adjustable track bar
- High Misalignment Spacers
- Reservoir Mounts
Dodge Ram Fitment Guide:
- 03 - 12 2500 / 3500 4x4 (Also fits 2013 2500's)
- 03 - 09 1500 Megacab 4x4
- 05 - 12 Power Wagon (Add-A-Packs not compatible)
- 98.5 - 02 2500 / 3500 4x4 (requires track bar conversion bracket)
- 94 - 98 2500 / 3500 4x4 (requires track bar conversion bracket)
- CS-DPER25-03-D | 2003-09 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel
- CS-DPER25-10-D | 2010-11 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel
- CS-DPER25-12-D | 2012-13 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel
Notes for 2010+ trucks:
Some of the 2010+ trucks use larger 12mm threaded hardware as opposed to the 10mm threaded hardware on most trucks. You will need to confirm what version your truck uses by checking the hex nut size on the top of your factory end link. If it uses an 18mm socket then you have the 12mm version. If the nut is a smaller 15 or 16mm nut then you will need the standard 2010+ end links.
Altered Vehicle Characteristics:
- 3" to 3.5" of front lift
- 1" of rear lift
- Level Ride
Shipping Info - These ship on a pallet via truck freight and require an address that can accept freight shipments. Contact us if you have any shipping questions.
- Wheels - Carli Recommends a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5-5.25" of Backspacing on 3" Long Arm Systems
- Tires - 37", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- Recommended Configuration - Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 17"-18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- Torsion Sway Bar - Selection of the Torsion Sway Bar Replacement will not Require size selection as the entire sway bar assembly is replaced.
Sway Bar Options
- Sway Bar End Links
- Machined out of 17-4 Stainless Steel
- FK Bearing, Chromoly Rod-End
- Relocates and drops the front sway bar for fit and correct geometry
- Eliminates End Link bind which could lead to premature failure
- CS-DEL-94 | 1994-1998 Dodge Sway Bar End Links
- CS-DEL-985 | 1998.5-2009 Dodge Sway Bar End Links
- CS-DEL-10 | 2010-2013 Dodge 10mm End Links (15mm Nut Size)
- CS-DEL-12 | 2010-2013 Dodge 12mm End Links (18mm Nut Size)
- 2003-2013 Torsion Sway Bar | CS-DTSB3-03
- Easily the Best "Bang for the Buck" Upgrade for ride qualityy
- Allows front suspension to move freely without giving up Control
- Heavy duty chromoly arms and end links with 5/8 race series heim joints
Rear Lift Leaf Options
Although it is possible to order this kit with neither of these options, it is HIGHLY recommended that you do choose one of these options in order for this kit to perform as expected.
- Replaces Rear, lower overload spring for increased ride quality
- Provides 1.0" of lift
- The O.E.M. load capacity is still maintained while improved ride is achieved
- Diesel specific configuration (AAM 11.5 Axle)
- CS-DPAP-94 | 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Add-A-Packs
- CS-DPAP-03-D | 2003-2009 Dodge Ram Add-A-Packs
- Full Spring Pack
- Softens initial spring rate at ride height
- Minimizes Axle Wrap/Wheel Hop
- Reduces Payload 15% From Stock 2500
- Capable of 15" of Suspension Travel
- CS-DFSP-94 | 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Full Spring Pack
- CS-DFSP-03-D | 2003-2009 Dodge Ram Full Spring Pack
- CS-DFSP-03-D-HD | 2003-2009 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty Full Spring Pack (For Trucks with 1,500lbs. In the Bed at all times)
- CS-DFSP-10-D | 2010-2013 Dodge Ram Full Spring Pack
- CS-DFSP-10-D-HD | 2010-2013 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty Full Spring Pack (For Trucks with 1,500lbs. In the Bed at all times)