Carli Dodge Commuter 2.0 System 2014+
The day has arrived and it’s our pleasure to announce that the 3" Carli Commuter System for the 2014+ Ram 2500 is now available!
Designed and tuned for the truck that never leaves the pavement, this custom shock project was intensely focused on delivering a comfortable in-town ride while making the freeways smoother. FOX IFP Pintop shocks feature extruded aluminium bodies for lasting finish and corrosion resistance. Lifting and levelling your truck doesn't mean you have to sacrifice ride quality for the look you are after; a Commuter system will net you the added height while increasing ride quality and control. Keeping the factory geometry in check is a host of upgraded components that have been scrutinized for strength, function, and longevity. No other system on the market is this comprehensive and addresses all the suspension vitals.
The Commuter 2.0 system is designed for people seeking the best on-road ride quality on a budget. Utilizing front and rear Fox 2.0” internal reservoir shocks, we’ve developed a Carli Signature shock tune that delivers all around comfort and ride quality designed for on-road, in town, highway, and towing/hauling. The Fox 2.0s are fully rebuildable, built with hour-glass bushings and boast extruded aluminum construction with a clear anodizing for corrosion resistance. Fox builds these shocks with their legendary red shock oil that flows well down to -55* F. This system was tuned with factory 20” wheels on factory tires.
Your truck will sit 3”-3.5” higher in the front (cab configuration dependent) with 50% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear is lifted 1”-1.5” via Carli’s progressive coil springs.
When pairing added down-travel with the taller ride height, the position of the factory, front sway bar will need to be altered as well. For this, we offer two options; Billet Sway Bar Drop Brackets or the replacement Torsion Sway Bar. The Billet Drop Blocks shift the sway bar down and forward to ensure the factory end links cycle properly throughout the entire extended travel range. Carli’s optional Torsion sway bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8” FK heim end links round off the package. This is the single best bang for the buck, ride-quality upgrade offered by Carli Suspension.
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver’s side ¾” and, in the radius arm equipped Rams, lightened caster and slight rearward axle shift. This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application. We also include Radius Arm Drop Brackets to recenter your caster adjustment and shift the axle forward to its new center of travel.
Everything is included to support flawless operation of all components. We include bump stop drops to ensure the shocks are cycling in their designed travel range as well as a rear track bar drop bracket minimizing the rear end “wag” associated with opposing track bar suspension designs.
Carli Suspension has never released systems in the past that they were this excited about!
Here is what Carli has to say about these new 3" systems:
"After nearly 2 years of painstaking R&D to ensure we bring to market the best riding, most geometrically correct and complete suspension systems available, we're VERY confident that our suspensions will exceed your expectations. Despite losing those who required a first to market, immediate solution, we persisted and stuck to our guns. Not surprisingly, we can now guarantee the products we’re releasing are geometrically sound, travel is as linear as possible, coils have the proper forces being applied and rear “wag” is minimized all with unparalleled ride quality.
These systems are priced a bit higher than their 2013 and below counter-parts; however, the 2014+ systems are far more inclusive than earlier years. No more “Do I need control Arms, track bar, full springs, etc…?” All necessities are included in the base systems to ensure optimal performance. This, of course, doesn't mean you can’t add accessories (Steering Stabilizers, Torsion Sway Bar, Differential Guard, etc.) to make the kit your own; we've, however, taken care of everything else for you!"
This system was developed for outstanding on-road ride quality. Custom FOX Shocks with our own proprietary tuning provide enhanced comfort and control. The FOX 2.0 Shocks are built specifically for Carli using their unique Aluminium Extrusion process, giving these shocks corrosion resistance to help last through the winters to come. Press-in Bushings provide noise damping as well as extending service life in extreme environments. Your truck will sit higher, level, have more wheel travel, plush ride quality and OEM towing and weight carrying capacity.
For the best overall ride we suggest 35-37" tires on 17-18"s wheels. Contact us for tire pressure recommendations based on the planned vehicle use and tire selection.
Carli / Fox Shock technology:
- The most wheel travel out of any bolt-on suspension system
- Custom tuned the ride quality
- The Fox 2.0 IFP shock was blueprinted using our system specifications and comes with our custom on-road shock tune.
- (2) Front Fox 2.0 Commuter Shocks (Carli Tuned)
- (2) Rear Fox 2.0 Commuter Shocks (Carli Tuned)
- (2) 3" Front Linear Rate Coils
- (2) 1" Rear Multi Rate Coils
- (1) Front Adjustable Chromoly Track Bar
- (1) Rear Track Bar Drop Bracket
- (2) Radius Arm Drop Brackets
- (2) Front Sway Bar Drop Brackets
- (2) Front Bump Stop Extensions
- (2) Rear Bump Stop Extensions
- (2) Rear Sway Bar End Links
DODGE RAM FITMENT GUIDE:
- CS-DC20-14-D | 2014+ Ram 2500 4wd Trucks (will not fit the 3500's)
- CS-DC20-14-H | 2014+ Ram 2500 4wd HEMI Trucks (will not fit the 3500's)
Altered Vehicle Characteristics:
- 3" of front lift (varies slightly with different cab configurations)
- 1"of rear lift (varies slightly with different cab configurations and the amount of stock spacers installed)
- Level Ride
- Wheels - Carli Recommends a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5.75" of Backspacing on Leveling Systems
- Tires - 37", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- Recommended Configuration - Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 17"-18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- Torsion Sway Bar - Selection of the Torsion Sway Bar Replacement will not require use of the front sway bar drops.
- Fitting 37" Tires - 37" Tires will fit with the above wheel specifications.
Sway Bar Options
- CS-DSBD-14 - Front Sway Bar Drop Brackets
- Machined from solid billet Aluminum and Mil-spec Hard Anodized
- Relocates and drops the front sway bar for fit and correct geometry
- Eliminates End Link bind which could lead to premature failure
- CS-DTSB3-14 - 3" Torsion Sway Bar
- Easily the Best "Bang for the Buck" Upgrade for ride quality
- Allows front suspension to move freely without giving up Control
- Heavy duty chromoly arms and end links with 5/8 race series heim joints
- CS-DFRA-14 - Fabricated Radius Arms
- 1/4" Cold Rolled Steel
- Internal X-Bracing
- Serviceable Spherical Joints
- Improved ride quality and control
- Quad Wrap Limit Straps & Hardware